Friday, July 24, 2009

Tuesday - Teacher Crit and Clean Day

On Tuesday Marti and I will share with you some of our work and we'll do a cursory clean up of the studios. Let's meet at 13h00 on Tuesday and be gone by 16h00 with the studio cleaned, cards and keys turned in, and your critiques of our work shared.

I'll show you my designs for Lubbock's 34th Street (to be voted on in a bond election in November), my redesign of a tidal island in Long Island Sound for a new U.N.H.Q. (honorable mention competition entry), my stadium for The Los Angeles Pacifics in Santa Monica (second place competition entry), a design for a boating museum on the Seine in Paris (I was beat by our Professor Chris Taylor in that competition), my Civic Center in Curtis, NE (the town and school don't know I designed this for them), design for wind turbines on the TTU campus (being considered by the Chancellor and President), and my design for a campus lawn between the TTU admin and SUB buildings (nobody who parks in that lot I'm replacing likes this thing- which is the university administration).

I'll try to convince Marti to show her redesign for Galveston Island, her High School in Houston, her floating park in San Francisco, her Hannover study abroad project, and her new project researching the effects of water depletion in the Ogallala aquifer on towns on the High Plains.

That sounds like more than it will be. A lot of the new renderings we both have have never been seen by anyone. We'll just show a few images of each project- enough to present the narrative.

1 comment:

Chelsea S.P. said...

Sounds like a good day to me.